Looking for 50 of the best explore quotes of all time!? Take a quick browse through these awesome quotes about exploring below, which I think will definitely ignite the wanderlust within you, and you’ll be looking to be an adventurous trip ASAP!
A great quote can transport you to a time or place in the blink of an eye. And a great quote about exploring will make you want to pack your bag, book that ticket and jet away.
Whether you’re exploring your own city or an unfamiliar destination in any of the four corners of the globe, my list of the best 50 explore quotes will ignite a fire of curiosity, inspiration and motivation in your belly.
The Best Short Explore Quotes
Looking for some exploring quotes that are short and sweet? Here are my personal favorite short quotes that are guaranteed to inspire your next adventure!
1) “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee
2) “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
3) “The journey not the arrival matters.” – T.S. Eliot
4) “Oh the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
5) “Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn Beatty
6) “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”- Susan Sontag
7) “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport” – Unknown
8) “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
9) “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
10) “To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
Inspirational Explore Quotes
Looking for some travel inspiration!? These inspirational explore the world quotes will definitely hit home and motivate you to pack your suitcase, book a flight, and jet-off on your next international trip!
11) “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste it, to experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
12) “Stuff your eyes with wonder,’ he said, ‘live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
13) “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” -Jack Kerouac
14) “We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T. S. Eliot
15) “Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell not stuff to show.” – Anonymous
16) “Carpe Diem. Seize the day (boys). Make your life extraordinary.” – John Keating, Dead Poets Society
17) “Do more things that make you forget to check your phone.” —Unknown
18) “We were born to be free, to expand our horizons by going where we have never gone before, and not to hang out in the relative comfort and safety of the nest, the known. There is a place within us that is courageous beyond our human understanding; it yearns to explore beyond the boundaries of our daily life.” – Dennis Merritt Jones
19) “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
20) “He who is outside his door has the hardest part of his journey behind him.” – Dutch Prover
21) “It is a big and beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us.” – Oberyn Martell, Game of Thrones
22) “I have worn the dust of many foreign streets, but to brush it off would surely be a crime. I have the memories of many foreign adventures, but to forget them, would surely be a sin. So, breath in the dust, and keep the memories in.” – Rowland Waring-Flood
23) “Travelling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” – Cesare Pavese
24) “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, “Wow! What a Ride!” – Hunter S. Thompson
Famous Explore Quotes
Here’s a list of incredible (and well known) exploration quotes from famous writers and philosophers that I know that’ll feel you inspired, as well would make for excellent Instagram captions!
25) “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.”- Mark Twain
26) “A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
27) “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
28) “The world’s mine oyster, which I with sword will open.” – William Shakespeare
29) “Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret.” – Oscar Wilde
30) “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
31) “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” – John Steinbeck
32) “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
33) “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” -Robert Frost
Explore Quotes About Finding Yourself
34) “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Augustine of Hippo
35) “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain
36) “So much of who we are is where we have been.” – William Langewiesche
37) “Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” – Mark Jenkins
38) “Once the travel bug bites, there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin.
39) “Trust me, it’s paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven’t tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It’s probably worth it.” – The Beach (Alex Garland)
40) “Exploration is a wonderful way to open our eyes to the world, and to truly see that impossible is just a word.” – Richard Branson
Funny Quotes about Exploring
If you’re looking to add a little humor, here’s a fun list of explore quotes that I found to be quite comedic!
41) “Adventure, yeah. I guess that’s what you call it when everybody comes back alive.” – Mercedes Lackey
42) “Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.” – Jerry Seinfeld
43) “Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometers.” – George Carlin
44) “The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.” – Rudyard Kipling
45) “Drink heavily with locals whenever possible.”- Anthony Bourdain
46) “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” – Clifton Fadiman
47) “Airplane travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo.” – Al Gore
48) “A tourist is a fellow who drives thousands of miles so he can be photographed standing in front of his car.” – Emile Ganest
49) “Two great talkers will not travel far together.” – Spanish Proverb
50) “Climbing K2 or floating the Grand Canyon in an inner tube. There are some things one would rather have done than do.” – Edward Abbey
Am I Missing Any Epic Explore Quotes…?
I could probably have extended this list to at least 200+ if I wanted to quite easily, but I wanted to keep it to a nice solid easy number! I’m addicted to hearing good quotes though, so if you think I need to add any specific explore quote, travel quote, or just general inspirtationa life quote – please do send them my way! Who knows, maybe I’ll use it on my next Instagram post! LOL.
Looking for some awesome travel inspiration?
My travel blog is filled with hundreds of articles covering music festivals, photography, destination guides, travel itineraries, and so much more! I’d love for you to take a browse through a few of my favorites below, and feel free to shoot me a message on social-media with any questions you’ve got!
- Flashpacking Finland | My Northern Lights Bucket List Adventure
- LA to San Diego Drive | 15 Must Visit Places in Southern California
- The 12 Safest Countries to Visit in Africa
- 10 Days in Italy Itinerary | How to Plan the Perfect Italian Vacation
- 30 Music Festivals in Australia To Experience Before You Die
- The 20 Best Paris Hotels with Eiffel Tower View
- 40 Wild Parties in 40 Countries To Experience Before You’re 40
- The Ultimate BALI Itinerary | The Best Places to Visit & Things to Do
- Top 20 Singapore Rooftop Pool Hotels
- The 20 Best Beaches in Malaysia To Visit Before You Die
- The Deccan Odyssey | The Luxurious India Train Journey for the Bucket List
- 2018 In Review | The Most Epic Year of Travel & Festivals
- The Ultimate Music Festival Camping Packing List
- Top 25 Tips For Backpacking Thailand
- The Ultimate SYDNEY Itinerary | How to Spend 4-7 Days Exploring Sydney, Australia
- The 40 Best Festival Quotes to Inspire Your Next Adventure