Are you looking for the best rainbow quotes to accompany a photo or simply to inspire you? I’ve collected the ultimate list…
Who doesn’t look witnessing a brilliant rainbow after a storm? There’s few natural events that are as spectacular!
I’ve seen many incredible rainbows along my travels, and I’m sure you have too!
Rainbows are a true inspiration for many – from celebrities to writers to songwriters and filmmakers. And thankfully we have the quotes to prove it!
These are the best quotes about rainbows to accompany that epic rainbow shot or to simply leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy…
The Best Rainbow Quotes
Everyone loves a rainbow, and these writers and wordsmiths have managed to craft some of the best rainbow quotes of all time.
1) “And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.”― Gilbert K. Chesterton
2) “Don’t turn around. Don’t look back. Keep moving forward. Keep pushing. The pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow, not the beginning.”― Ziad K. Abdelnour
3) “Love was a feeling completely bound up with color, like thousands of rainbows superimposed one on top of the other.”– Paulo Coelho
4) “He stared at her the way folks stare at a rainbow, taking in all that unexpected beauty, not wanting to look away in case it might disappear.” ― Shannon Wiersbitzky
5) “Saturday is full of orange oranges, Sunday is full of pink apples, Monday is full of green limes, Tuesday is full of red watermelons, Wednesday is full of blue blueberries, Thursday is full of purple grapes, Friday is full of yellow bananas, and, The week is full of rainbow fruit.”― Anthony T.Hincks
6) “We are all part of the same rainbow. We are all reflections of each other. As unique and diverse as we are in character and skills, the source of all creation is as multidimensional as we are.”― Suzy Kassem
7) “Shine your soul with the same egoless humility as the rainbow and no matter where you go in this world or the next, love will find you, attend you, and bless you.” – Aberjhani
8) “All the best things in life are free: love, smiles, friends, family, pets & companions, thoughts, sunsets & sunrises and especially rainbows.”– Anthony T. Hincks
9) “I’m continually inspired by nature, and the rainbow is one of nature’s greatest optical phenomenon. The sighting of a rainbow never fails to bring a smile to people’s faces. They signify optimism and positivity: with them comes the sunshine after the rain.”– Matthew Williamson
10) “When you look at the world, the world isn’t just one palette. It’s a beautiful rainbow, and why not have someone to represent that rainbow?” ― Joan Smalls
11) “I kind of view everybody like a rainbow. Everybody on the planet has all the colors of the rainbow inside.” ― Alexia Fast
12) “It takes sunshine and rain to make a rainbow. There would be no rainbows without sunshine and rain.”― Roy T. Bennett
13) “A rainbow is a promise of sunshine after rain. Of calm after storms. Of joy after sadness. Of peace after pain. Of love after loss.” – Unknown
14) “When beauty is seen through the windows of the soul – rainbows appear and everything is magical. It feels simply divine.” – Angie Karan
15) “When it rains look for rainbows, when it’s dark look for stars.” – Oscar Wilde
Short Rainbow Quotes
They may be brief, but these short rainbow quotes are some of the most beautiful, touching and well-crafted.
16) “Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” ― Aberjhani
17) “Life without dreams is like a rainbow without colours.”– Greyson Chance
18) “A heart of gold is where the rainbow begins.” – Tammy L. Kubasko
19) “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”― Maya Angelou
20) “Love can form a double rainbow, connecting two hearts.” – Unknown
21) “One can enjoy a rainbow without necessarily forgetting the forces that made it.” – Mark Twain
22) “Happiness doesn’t always come in pink. Learn to appreciate the rainbow.”― Richelle E. Goodrich,
23) “Don’t miss all the beautiful colors of the rainbow looking for that pot of gold.”― Anonymous
24) “To enjoy the rainbow, first enjoy the rain.”― Paulo Coelho
25) “If life is so blue, select another color from rainbow.”― Anonymous
26) “I’d rather see the world as a rainbow than endless shade of gray.”― Amani Abbas
27) “Where does the rainbow end, in your soul or on the horizon?”― Pablo Neruda
28) “Sunset is still my favorite color, and rainbow is second.”― Mattie Stepanek
29) “The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow.”― Anonymous
30) “Stay strong, there’s a rainbow after every storm.”― Anonymous
31) “My heart leaps up when I behold a rainbow in the sky.”― Anonymous
32) “No two people see the rainbow the same way…”― Anonymous
33) “Rainbows apologize for angry skies.”― Sylvia A. Voirol
34) “Rain, rain, and sun! a rainbow in the sky!” – Lord Alfred Tennyson
35) “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.”― Charlie Chaplin
36) “Storm? Shine your light and make a rainbow.”- Richie Norton
Inspiring Rainbow Quotes
If you’re seeking inspiration at the end of a rainbow, these inspiring rainbow quotes promise to fill your cup.
37) “Don’t seek to be happy; let everyone else chase after that rainbow. Seek to be kind, and you’ll find the rainbow follows you.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
38) “Life has a lot of grey and sadness, look for the rainbow and frame it. There is beauty in everything, sometimes you just have to look a little harder to see it.” – Charlotte Kitley
39) “Hey glum face… Next time there’s a rainbow, look up. You’ll feel better.”― Rainbow Brite
40) “Teach them that rainbows appear after a storm to remind them that light begins and ends with all colors.” – Frederic M. Perrin
41) “Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray.” – Lord Byron
42) “Life throws challenges and every challenge comes with rainbows and lights to conquer it.”― Amit Ray
43) “Just look at the sky when the rainbow appears and all the richness of colors will fascinate you completely.”― Eraldo Banovac
44) “If you have ever followed a rainbow to its end, it leads you to the ground on which you are standing.” – Alan Cohen
45) “All these seven colors are part of one rainbow, yet they are all different. They have their own quality, their own identity, their own flavor to it. So it is a rainbow. The Divine loves diversity, that is why he made us all different. ― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
46) “Be everything that you are unapologetically, most of you will find out that you are not just one color, you are a rainbow.”– Mridula Singh
47) “If you want to enjoy the rainbow, be prepared to endure the storm.” – Warren Wendel Wiersbe
48) “Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms”– Unknown
49) “If life is so blue then select another color from the rainbow” – Unknown
50) “Life’s a choice: you can live in black and white, or you can live in color. I’ll take every shade of the rainbow and the gazillion in between!”– Karen Marie Moning
51) “Let your happiness be known to the world like a stunning rainbow.”– Somya Kedia
52) “Don’t seek to be happy; let everyone else chase after that rainbow. Seek to be kind, and you’ll find the rainbow follows you.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
53) “In life, you either choose to sing a rainbow, or you don’t. Keep singing.”― Kathleen Long
Funny Rainbow Quotes
Despite their subject matter being beautiful and inspirations, these comedic minds have managed to craft some seriously funny rainbow quotes.
54) “My two favorite colors of the rainbow are gold and leprechaun.” – Jarod Kintz
55) “It’s a rare occurrence, like a double rainbow. Or like someone on the internet saying, ‘You know what? You’ve convinced me I was wrong.” – Ted Danson, Michael
Celebrity Rainbow Quotes
Celebrities love a beautiful rainbow like the rest of us, and have used them as their own inspiration, resulting in these celebrity rainbow quotes.
56) “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” ― Dolly Parton
57) “God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us – in the dreariest and most dreaded moments – can see a possibility of hope.” — Maya Angelou
Rainbow Instagram Captions & Quotes
Captured the perfect rainbow snap? These perfect rainbow Instagram captions and quotes will say all you want to say, in just a few short words.
58) “Look at the world through rainbow colored glasses.”
59) “Focus on your rainbow and not your rain.”
60) “Don’t miss all the beautiful colors of the rainbow looking for that pot of gold.”
61) “A rainbow a day keeps the blues away!”
62) “Friends are like rainbows. Always there to cheer you up after a storm.”
63) “You are the gold at the end of a rainbow.”
Movie Quotes About Rainbows
From famous lands over the rainbow to classic children’s movies with lots of magic, these are the best rainbow movie quotes from some of the greatest films every made.
64) “It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow.”― Cinderella
65) “Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas any more. We must be over the rainbow!” – The Wizard of Oz
66) “Willy Wonka: [handing something to Mrs. Teevee] Here, take these / Mrs. Teevee: What are they? / Willy Wonka: Rainbow drops. Suck them and you can spit in seven different colors!” – Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
Song Lyrics About Rainbows
Rainbows have even used as inspiration by songwriters to craft some of the best ever songs, and these song lyrics about rainbows will sure to have you singing along too.
67) “Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” – Judy Garland, ‘Over The Rainbow’
68) “Wherever you go, so will I cause a double rainbow is hard to find.” – Katy Perry, Double Rainbow
69) “I can see a rainbow in your tears as the sun comes out as the sun comes out.” – Sia, Rainbow
70) “Your true colors are beautiful like a rainbow.” ― Cyndi Lauper, True Colors
71) “We are rainbows, me and you. Every color, every hue.” ― Miley Cyrus, Rainbowland
72) “When the morning gathers the rainbow, want you to know I’m a rainbow too.” ― Bob Marley, Sun Is Shining
73) “She’s like a rainbow.” – The Rolling Stones, She’s A Rainbow
Did I miss any top rainbow quotes?
There’s probably a million quotes about rainbows out there, so I’m sure I’ve missed at least a few! Is your favorite rainbow quote not on my list? Send it through to me and I’ll tack it on!
Need some global travel inspiration?
From Europe to Australia to the US – and everywhere in between – here is just a sample of my travel content to kickstart your own vacation planning…
- The Best 50 Explore Quotes To Inspire Your Next Adventure
- The 40 Best Festival Quotes to Inspire Your Next Adventure
- Flashpacking Finland | My Northern Lights Bucket List Adventure
- LA to San Diego Drive | 15 Must Visit Places in Southern California
- The 12 Safest Countries to Visit in Africa
- 10 Days in Italy Itinerary | How to Plan the Perfect Italian Vacation
- 30 Music Festivals in Australia To Experience Before You Die
- The 20 Best Paris Hotels with Eiffel Tower View
- 40 Wild Parties in 40 Countries To Experience Before You’re 40
- The Ultimate BALI Itinerary | The Best Places to Visit & Things to Do
- Top 20 Singapore Rooftop Pool Hotels
- The 20 Best Beaches in Malaysia To Visit Before You Die
- The Deccan Odyssey | The Luxurious India Train Journey for the Bucket List
- 2018 In Review | The Most Epic Year of Travel & Festivals
- The Ultimate Music Festival Camping Packing List
- Top 25 Tips For Backpacking Thailand
- The Ultimate SYDNEY Itinerary | How to Spend 4-7 Days Exploring Sydney, Australia
Final thoughts on quotes about rainbows…
I’ve seen some spectacular rainbows on my travels, and I’m sure you have too! Is there anything better than a brilliant rainbow after a heavy shower? Where did you see your best rainbow?